Building on the concept of the philosophical cafés, whereby a group of thinkers gather to discuss important questions, the Congress’s knowledge café aims to achieve a deep level of analysis on challenging Logistical issues.
- ( TBD ) -minute session
- Foster understanding and consensus-building on a specific issue
- Share knowledge and know-how
- Creative approaches as interactive dialogue techniques, world café processes, simulations and gaming, etc.
- Ideal for formalizing alliances or partnerships to take concrete action
The knowledge café sessions have the great advantage to involve small groups of participants. With a maximum of 12 people, a high level of participation is possible at the 2016 Congress, allowing an in-depth examination of particular subjects. Participants are able to test their ideas with individuals who share common interests and raise their awareness of different viewpoints.
This intimate set-up is a powerful way to challenge your thinking and gain a deep understanding of some of the most important logistical issues today. In Dublin, the knowledge cafés will offer a rare window on the various observations and experiences shared by the participants. This open debate format will ensure each learnt from one another in an informal, conversational set-up.
- ( TBD ) -minute roundtable discussion for up to 12 people
- Share collective knowledge, exploring areas of common interest
- Increase understanding of a subject and the issues involved
- Open, creative conversation on challenging topics
- Great for networking and exploring possible partnerships or joint ventures